Kucoin Review (June 2018)
Kucoin is a cryptocurrency exchange that grew rapidly in late 2017 & early 2018. It supports a wide range of altcoins, and has its own coin called Kucoin Shares (KCS). Below we provide a review of the Kucoin exchange.
If you're looking for a tutorial on how to use Kucoin, click here.
User opinion of Kucoin?
- The Kucoin interface is user friendly.
- Support for many different altcoins.
- Has support for 12 different languages (the UI for changing this is very similar to Binance).
- In June 2018, the majority of posts on their subreddit seem to be negative, mainly based around deposit/withdrawal issues & small bugs. An official Kucoin account seems to be responding to most of these posts trying to help.
- Claiming referral rewards is confusing. Many exchanges like Binance & CEX automatically add rewards to your balance, Kucoin requires you to manually move rewards to your wallet.
When was Kucoin launched?
Kucoin's international site was announced on the 19th September 2017. Prior to this, their development team seems to have been assembled in May 2017, and they had private/angel investment in August 2017. The team behind Kucoin have been researching blockchain technology since 2011, and the exchange's technical architecture was achieved back in 2013 (they seem to have spent several years ironing out technical details).
How many users does Kucoin have?
This is difficult to see in real-time, but Kucoin have posted data about their active users on their website and in their newsletter. Their most recent posts:
- 11th January 2018: Kucoin has 500,000 active users.
DISCLAIMER: This site cannot substitute for professional investment or financial advice, or independent factual verification. This guide is provided for general informational purposes only. Anything Crypto is UK-based and not regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority). The group of individuals writing these guides are cryptocurrency enthusiasts and investors, not financial advisors. The ideas presented are our analysis, learning & opinions on a range of cryptocurrency topics. Trading or mining any form of cryptocurrency is very high risk, so never invest money you can't afford to lose - you should be prepared to sustain a total loss of all invested money.
This website is monetised through affiliate links. Where used, we will disclose this and make no attempt to hide it. We don't endorse any affiliate services we use - and will not be liable for any damage, expense or other loss you may suffer from using any of these. Don't rush into anything, do your own research. As we write new content, we will update this disclaimer to encompass it.
Never invest money you can't afford to lose.
All information on this website is for general informational purposes only, it is not intended to provide legal or financial advice. We encourage you to consult your own legal & financial advisors before making any cryptocurrency-related purchase.